I feel like the luckiest (ok, most blessed) woman alive. We live in a beautiful place, and I get to be a wife to a wonderful man. We absolutely love being married to each other, and I still occasionally get this guilty feeling like somehow we're getting away with something sneaky and someone's going to find out and take it away. Can we really be independent adults who have their own house and life together? Do I really get to spend each day with my best friend? It's incredible and surreal (though not perfect, of course).
And yes, we're still newlyweds, but I do believe God created marriage as a "very good" thing. It was not good for the man to be alone. I hate being alone. God specially created a counterpart, a helper for the man. Companionship is amazing and it is such a gift to be with a likeminded person. Sin taints that relationship, of course, as it does all things that God made. But there can still be some very sweet moments on the earth because God is good and there are significant traces of His good design everywhere.
Here are some photos from a hike we went on the other day (ok, May 17). It was raining a bit on the way as we drove, but we decided to try anyway, and I'm glad we did. It was barely sprinkling as we set out, but didn't feel cold at all. I even worked up a little sweat, and it felt so good to stretch our muscles. The sun came out as we sat on a big rock to eat our snack, and we enjoyed the refreshing beauty of Creation, along with the fresh scent of rain-sprinkled earth.
And yes, we're still newlyweds, but I do believe God created marriage as a "very good" thing. It was not good for the man to be alone. I hate being alone. God specially created a counterpart, a helper for the man. Companionship is amazing and it is such a gift to be with a likeminded person. Sin taints that relationship, of course, as it does all things that God made. But there can still be some very sweet moments on the earth because God is good and there are significant traces of His good design everywhere.
Here are some photos from a hike we went on the other day (ok, May 17). It was raining a bit on the way as we drove, but we decided to try anyway, and I'm glad we did. It was barely sprinkling as we set out, but didn't feel cold at all. I even worked up a little sweat, and it felt so good to stretch our muscles. The sun came out as we sat on a big rock to eat our snack, and we enjoyed the refreshing beauty of Creation, along with the fresh scent of rain-sprinkled earth.

No comments:
Post a Comment