Well, it's time to blog, haven't published much in a while, but unfortunately I don't have any big, recent adventures or delectable culinary delights to share. Life's been pretty normal lately: visiting the rec center's outdoor pool; perpetually straightening the house; chopping vegetables for salads; researching baby stuff online; reading fiction and baby-related books. Not much to take pictures of.
I guess there have been a few big things the last few weeks: Sean and I drafted wills, kind of a weird feeling, and yes, I got a little teary-eyed once or twice contemplating our the event of our deaths. It's good to be prepared, though, and the JAG office on-base made it easy (and free). I had an ultrasound (peachy!) and took a glucose-tolerance test (not that fun, but I got to watch a World Cup game in the waiting room). We've been refining our budget as we go through a Financial Peace University class at church (Dave Ramsey's schtick, if you're familiar with him), which has actually been kinda sorta fun! Being the obsessively perfectionistic detail-oriented person I am, I love knowing where every penny is going. We bought a ladder and some shelving units with garage-sale proceeds. :) I haven't cooked anything extraordinary, as I've been trying to use up odds and ends, which sometimes results in interesting creations. I'm a little sick of chicken at the moment, but have a couple beefy casseroles and one-skillet meals planned for July (including some casseroles to make double of and freeze for later!!!). I sewed new rank on a second flightsuit, our buddy Cameron's, and feel quite accomplished about it! I think I'm getting the hang of it, finally, so I'm going to redo Sean's soon. I even bought some flightsuit-green thread for it, a color really named "Spinach," and must admit I was thrilled that it matched, because I just eye-balled the colors in the store and picked one without having a sample of the material to hold it up against.
I'd really like to find some amazing appetizers to make for Sean's birthday shindig, which isn't exactly planned yet. He will be 24 on July 3rd, but has a day shift that day (and a swing shift on July 4th), so we're thinking we could celebrate with people the following weekend on the 10th. We shall see! I usually try to avoid writing about things in the future, instead recounting already-taken-place events, but it's fun to anticipate, too. I do like surprises! And I made him wait and open his Father's Day package from the parents until the actual day, even though he reeeeally wanted to open it right away. :)
That's about all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment