Thankfully, a few Strecker males (landlord family) were home and helped me out after I explained, only a little sheepishly, my plan. I covered the table with a lovely tablecloth Sean's mom got us for Christmas (doesn't look too much like poinsettias on it, does it? Good thing red is also an appropriate color for Valentine's Day).
I made a "you and me" slideshow of photos of us throughout our history together, complete with romantic/favorite music of ours.
I got all dolled up and even curled my hair and put on a dress!
For mood lighting: a personalized lantern to shed soft light on our dinner table, honey-vanilla tea light within and others scattered over dresser-tops. This component of the ensemble was also a Christmas gift, this time from Mark and Heather.
Sean was definitely surprised when he got home, and I was giddy to show him. We had a very sweet second V-Day together. I am so grateful he is in my life!

aww you're so sweet maris! i love that you lugged that table around, all in the name of love =)
ReplyDelete