Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I attempted a new recipe last night! I'm always on the lookout for good crock pot recipes, because I looooove having dinner taken care of early in the day, and I loooove how it makes the house smell so tantalizing all day. I came across a recipe for stuffed bell peppers in my cooking magazine (Healthy Cooking by Taste of Home). Stuffed bell peppers, yum! That sounds good. Hmm... I've never tried those before, and I've only eaten them once before (at Ana Severance's house, years ago, incidentally). In a crock pot? I was a little doubtful, but it can in fact be accomplished! Quite tastily, in fact.

All my ingredients for stuffed bell peppers: Pepper Jack cheese, salsa, chili powder, rice, corn, black beans, chopped onion, and of course bell peppers.


Stuffed and ready to start cooking in the crockpot! The grated Pepper Jack cheese on top was my idea. :)



Finished product-- absolutely DELISH!-- with baked rosemary-garlic potatoes on the side.


We discovered it was even better with sour cream! Yumm! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment