Tuesday, December 4, 2012

38 1/2 weeks!


Sean wanted to take a picture of us last night, "since you'll be in labor tomorrow." He keeps saying stuff like that and it takes me a second every time. What??!! How do you know?? Oh. You're kidding. Mostly. :) He's convinced Chloe's arrival is imminent! We happened to get a picture of the two of us the night before Caleb was born (the night my parents arrived in Colorado!), so we're hoping to replicate that, but of course labor is hard to predict before it actually arrives. I've been having a fair amount of discomfort and "pressure" as the baby's head pushes on my cervix and my hips loosen up. I've also been sleeping in a lighter state lately, probably in preparation for frequent wakings to come. All those indications mean she's probably coming soon! I'm grateful we live about eight minutes from the hospital.... instead of a 45-minute trip just to the gate at Fort Carson, where Caleb was born. (We also don't have to worry about snow or ice on the way there this time, which is nice.) It will be interesting to see how L&D #2 goes. I'm trying not to have firm expectations, just hoping to stay relaxed and confident. People keep saying the second/succeeding labors are much faster than the first one, but I also know every labor is different and complications are always possible. We shall see. God is sovereign and good. My goal is to trust Him and be a good laborer. :)

1 comment:

  1. You two are too cute! :) I look forward to seeing that first photo of your fam of 4! Love you!

    ReplyDelete