Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chloe's Quilt

About two weeks ago I finished Chloe's rag quilt! It was not an "essential" task, since any blanket will work for keeping her warm (and we already have several neutral baby blankets), but it was something I really wanted to do to show love for my little girl! I've made about six other baby blankets, I think, and it was especially fun to make one for my own baby-to-be. It feels good to have something ready for her arrival.


I couldn't resist these prints-- pink daisies, sage green floral print, and a green and white toile

Yes, you use a helicopter as a prop when you have a little boy already :)




This is the first time I haven't put batting in between the flannel layers. It makes a lighter-weight blanket. I also cut the squares a bit larger than I have in the past, 8.5 inches instead of 6.5 inches. I think it turned out pretty well; now we just need a baby to wrap up in it!

Yesterday I sewed a crib sheet  (fitted sheet for a crib or toddler bed mattress) for Caleb's room-- totally not the highest priority, but a therapeutic/nesting endeavor. I've really been enjoying sewing lately. It didn't take very long, was pretty simple, came out super cute, and I think the hardest part was Caleb's "help." :) He was awake at the time, and wanted to contribute. Unfortunately, sewing machines aren't very kid-friendly. I did let him sit on my lap as long as he didn't touch anything, but you can imagine how long that lasted, and how challenging it is to actually sew!

As far as other preparations...

My hospital bag is mostly packed.

The cosleeper is set up in our room.

We have infant diapers ready and waiting.

I guess we are pretty much ready! It's weird knowing she could be born any day.

Preparations NOT completed yet:

  • one iota of Christmas shopping (!) :)
  • Nalani's photo books (but they are "in progress")
  • exercise ball inflated (essential for labor, in my book)
  • infant carseat base installed (that's easy)
  • burp cloths sewn (I ran out of bobbin halfway through the 3rd of 6 cloths, might tackle that today)
  • changing table set up.... it's still at my parents' house (not a deal breaker; we change Caleb on the floor all the time, but it would be nice to have) 
  • last load of baby clothes washed-- our church threw us a baby shower this week, very sweet, thoughtful, generous, and overwhelming (in a good way). And the clothes are STINKIN' CUTE!
I'm hoping for a magical burst of energy to come and help me get the last things in order... :) We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment