Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July events

Not much out of the ordinary has transpired for awhile, but we have had a few "events" recently! Expect to see pictures and posts soon of:
  • Sean's birthday shindig
  • a spontaneous Denver day trip
  • TMC alumni brunch at the Broadmoor, also fairly short-notice
  • visit from Uncle Stan and Aunt Phyllis
  • the burgeoning baby belly
I must admit, I have had a few moments of "I am ready to be done being pregnant!" But I know 1) it's only for a limited time, the end is in sight; 2) it's only going to get worse, and 3) I will probably miss feeling his movements inside me. Of course, that bittersweet nostalgia will be balanced by being able to sleep on my stomach, move around more easily, go for a run (in time), and hold and smooch on our son. So, I don't think I will miss being pregnant much right away. I do want to treasure this time and choose to be thankful for it, even when it's uncomfortable. People were right: summertime can be a bit miserable. But I have been making lots of smoothies (nutritious and delicious!) and trying to remember the snowy months and how ready I was for the weather to be warmer. Warmer it is. :)

As soon as I muster up the motivation to download our recent photos, I'll post some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment