Not only did I have the opportunity to try out my new dutch oven cookware (thanks, MOM!!!).... I tried it with a new recipe that turned out really tasty!

Here we are sauteing red and green bell pepper, sweet potato, and garlic
Here we are sauteing red and green bell pepper, sweet potato, and garlic
The finished product! Yum! Meatless and delicious, flavorful and hearty. Although next time I think I will substitute other veggies for the peppers. They don't translate to leftover status very well-- a bit limp and slimy. (When I make stuffed peppers, I try to only make a quantity that we can eat right away.) We looooove our leftovers! I used white beans, not from a can... but dried beans that I soaked and cooked in my crock pot. It's cheaper and healthier to "make your own" beans, sort of (I didn't "make" them, God did, but I guess I "prepared" them, and with no salt or sugar or mystery ingredients added). I am still trying to figure out how to get the desired texture. Sean likes firmer beans in soups or stews, but my last batch of black beans came out kind of pithy. More cooking adventures ahead!
Update: we tried this dish with peas and carrots (originally frozen) instead of bell peppers and again it was super tasty! This is a "keeper" recipe, another wonderful meatless entree.

No comments:
Post a Comment