I realized I never posted about the meatless meal I mentioned a couple months ago. Here 'tis! (I hope to get back to blogging more often, so stay tuned....)
This is the only picture I took of this meal, but I plan on making it again, so there will be step-by-step photos next time!!! This was an amazing meal, also meatless like the ragout! It was amazingly yummy, sort of like an inside-out lasagna. Again using my dutch oven (though the recipe called for skillet, hence the recipe title), I basically layered tomato sauce, cooked spiral pasta, and a second layer of tomato sauce in the dish; then a mixture of ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, chopped spinach, seasonings, and one scrambled egg (I think that's everything) spread on top, then simmered the whole thing for about 20 minutes. DEEEEELISH! We loved it, and I calculated it cost me $6.17 for a meal of 6-8 servings. I want to start pricing out our meals to see which ones give me the most MMMM for my buck... since I already have a price list started for basic staple ingredients. If I could collect an arsenal of cheap AND healthy AND yummy meals, that would be awesome. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment