I am happy to report Caleb slept last night from 8 p.m. until I woke him up at 6:45 a.m. today! (I start the day a little earlier on Tuesdays because of 9 a.m. Bible study.) Last night he slept in his crib, in his room, for the first time ever! He has napped in there before, but never spent all night away from us. Sean hooked up the baby monitors, arranged a little space heater, and put Caleb to bed while I was at a friend's baby shower. Sean told me Caleb fussed quite a bit before succumbing to sleep. Caleb has definitely started to fight sleep! But I am thankful for good rest all night for all three of us! I feel hopeful that we will conquer this season. He is taking excellent naps, for which I am thankful.
Each day is a gift! I want to savor even the difficult moments, knowing that we have no guarantee for tomorrow. :)
P.S. I received an e-mail from BabyCenter today entitled, "Teach your baby to sleep through the night." Thanks...
Yay for sleeping through the night! It's been a rare occurrence here but like you said at least he takes good naps.
ReplyDelete