Sunday, May 9, 2010

Should we...?

The dust is settling. Sean and I returned from a week-long trip to Alaska this past Wednesday evening. I will write more about the trip later, but honestly I am still settling back in and have not even looked at any of our pictures yet! It was a "hard but good" trip, as you will see. :) It was really good to see family, though stressful at times due to non-family issues.

We have an OB appointment next Tuesday, including an ultrasound. Should we find out the baby's sex??? I am so torn and don't know yet what we will choose. Sean doesn't have a preference either way, but all along I have said I wanted to be surprised. I do love anticipation. However.... while we were in Alaska, Sean's sister Ashley found out they are having a GIRL, so now I am tempted to find out because I saw how fun it is to know! And baby-girl and baby-boy clothes are just so darn cute!! We shall see. :) Almost 23 weeks along, and getting way big! I have had less heartburn and nausea lately, but am finding that it's pretty easy to overdo and be exhausted the next day. The other day I renewed my conviction to walk regularly (after gaining seven pounds in one week, oops), and decided to "work up to" walking for 45 minutes by taking a 45-minute walk. It was pretty awesome at the time, especially walking outside in the sunshine, but I felt so drained the next day and didn't walk at ALL that day. So I guess there's a trade-off, if I want to be consistent and not "weekend-warrior"-like, by pacing myself and walking more often, but with a little less intensity. That's hard for me, to not be competitive and intense. :) I do try to go at a good clip and not just a leisurely stroll.

Anyway.... we are off to a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at a fondue restaurant in Manitou Springs. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment