For the month of April, I am going to read the Bible every day and pray every day, in some format.
Yesterday (Day One!) I picked the book of Matthew because it has 28 chapters, which will get me most of the way through the month at one chapter a day, and because I want to saturate my heart and mind with the life of Jesus. So far, so good-- I read chapter one yesterday, and chapter two today. :)
I haven't figured out how to do the prayer aspect-- other than, "Help!! How do I persevere through this potty training business?!" (Post on that soon...) I think I will use my 31 Days of Praise book by Ruth Myers, which hasmy Scripture-based prayers focused on a different topic for each day. Here's an excerpt from Day Two:
Thank you, Father, that You so loved the world that You gave Your one and only Son, our Lord Jesus Christ... that when the time had fully come, He wrapped Himself in human form, being born as a helpless baby in a poor family. Thank You that He walked here on earth radiating the brightness of Your glory and flawlessly expressing Your nature... and so, through Him, people saw You in action, involved with them, available to meet their needs. Thank You that He focused Your almighty power into the lives of common people with deep needs, just like me... that He preached the gospel to the poor, proclaimed freedom to prisoners of sin and recovery of sight to the blind, and set free the oppressed victims of sin and Satan-- the downtrodden, the lost, the hurting, the broken. Thank You for the way He rebuked the arrogant and looked with favor on the humble-minded, opening wide the door of His kingdom to those who were destitute and helpless in spirit. I delight in Your tender mercies, O my God, by which the Sunrise from on high has come to us!
John 3:16; Gal. 4:4; Heb. 1:3; Luke 4:18-19; Matt. 3:5; Luke 1:78.I am looking forward to developing some discipline, even if it's little baby steps.
Year in Review
Here's a recap of my goals so far (because I constantly measure myself and like to look back often):
January: potty train Caleb -- in progress
February: love deliveries -- done!
March: start a garden -- postponed until potty training is further along
April: read the Bible and pray every day for 30 days -- in progress
Still to come...
May: complete the Bull Canyon Run 5k
June: try a fast from refined sugar (either for one week or one month)
July: sew, sew, sew/ develop inventory for future Etsy store
I have been running, sporadically, for the last six weeks or so. I want to get more in a regular habit of going out for a run immediately after Sean gets home from work, a few days a week. He is totally on board, I just need to prep dinner beforehand and get in the mindset of going and not getting distracted with something else... and not rationalize away my motivation.
Stay tuned! Lots happening around here these days.
Your honesty is so refreshing! It is such a journey. God is so faithful and good to give us what we need. As I have struggled with the balances of mama-hood (with only one little), the demands of life, and my desire to spend quality time with the Lord, I have been encouraged by a quote that says "Struggle is the proof that we have not yet been conquered." There is always something that tries to pull us away, but may we obedient to the things that we know He has called us to (even if it means baby steps… I find myself constantly taking one step forward and two steps back). Thankful for His grace and the strength He offers. "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord" Isaiah 40:31. "The Lord is the One who sustains" Psalm 54:4. Blessings to you, dear mama.
ReplyDelete