Well.... I learned a lot this month. One thing I have learned about setting goals (and recently heard somewhere else) is that you should usually make goals that aren't dependent on other people for accomplishment. I think it's easier to gauge why you reach or don't reach a goal when there's only one person contributing toward the goal. Well, most of my goals for 12 in 13 will be solo-accomplished. But this one and my March one (start a garden) include the participation of others, namely Sean and/or Caleb. :) I hope to be able to post on or near the last day of each month and summarize how it went with each goal. So here we go, an end-of-month recap.
January goal: potty-train Caleb.
January result: Caleb is not potty trained. I'm not too bummed, because I know he/we will get there eventually. Now I am wondering if we should wait until after our trip to Hawaii next month (or is it just an excuse, because there never appears to be a convenient time to start.... and we have more travel planned in the future, so he will have to use public potties someday?!). I can only imagine how he would do on a three-hour drive to LA, and a five-hour plane flight with cramped toilet facilities onboard.
I still want to decide on a plan of attack for the "gradual approach" and start it up again in Feb. Will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment