Less than one week until Thanksgiving. Less than four weeks until my due date. Crazy!!!!
According to Babycenter, our wee one weighs almost six pounds, like a crenshaw melon! (Once again, never heard of it.) She'll be considered full-term in one week, and the doctor confirmed last week she is in the head-down position, ready to go!
The doctor also prescribed an iron supplement for me, since my blood test last week showed I am somewhat anemic (not horribly low, but "enough that I want to do something about it," he said). Something about "forgetting" to take my prenatal vitamins. (I kind of hate swallowing pills... so now I get to take MORE pills. That technique definitely backfired.) Also found out I tested positive for the Group B Strep bacteria; if positive, they give you antibiotics during labor so the baby doesn't catch the infection when he/she is traveling through the birth canal.
I am thankful I don't have insomnia every night.... but it's been occurring frequently enough that I feel a little impaired! Not as resilient as I'd like. Irritable, forgetful, exhausted. I guess it's good, because I am really looking forward to having this baby outside of me... which involves labor and delivery and recovery, things it would be easy to not look forward to. I will take interrupted sleep, with a tiny baby beside me, over middle-of-the-night alertness ANY DAY. Or night.
Because of the operating at 75% feeling I've been surviving in, I didn't take a picture of "36 weeks." Sorry. :) It came and went, and I stayed in my sweat pants. :) Plus Caleb was pretty sick Friday, a nice cold with goopy nose, congestion, and cough, so I stayed comfy with him and we had a pajama party that day. We played "the airplane game" on the Wii and I honestly got a little nauseous with Caleb's flying skills. We had lots of Lego time and matchbox car time, too. He's pretty much back to normal, for which I am thankful. And so far, Sean and I have not gotten it. We are thankful for that too.
Talk soon!
Love the update... thanks so much for keeping us posted! I had the strep B thing, too. Which is why I went in too soon and had to go back home being only 2 cm :(. Better safe than sorry I suppose, but man that car ride was painful....
ReplyDelete