Friday, August 10, 2012

We are pleased to announce...

God is blessing us with a baby GIRL! We are thrilled, and I am already starting to brainstorm a "kids' room"  decor scheme, something neither too girly nor overly masculine. (Current plan is Americana, with deep red, dark denim, and a creamy taupe. I can't wait to make a quilt for Caleb's bed!) We decided to make our second bedroom a guest/sewing room, and the third bedroom The Kids' Room. A toddler bed, crib, and bookshelf fit very nicely in it! :) She will probably be in our room for the first six months or so after she's born, so Caleb can still play in there unhindered. When Caleb was an infant, we used a co-sleeper next to our bed that worked very well for night-time feedings. He has still been sleeping in a crib in his room, since he hasn't tried to climb out yet (knock on wood), and has not yet slept in his toddler bed, but we are planning on trying it out tonight!

We have arrived safely in California, after a four-day road trip through Colorado, Utah, Arizona (very briefly), and Nevada. We have been staying with my parents until we get our house put together, and it is coming along nicely. I hope to download our pictures from the trip soon so I can put together a post with pictures! We saw some AMAZING, gorgeous Creation while we were traveling and I can't wait to share it.

During the trip, people (strangers) started asking me when I was due, so I think I am looking pregnant now. :) Definitely starting to feel pregnant! Like... walk a little funny, can't bend over pregnant. :)

It's bath time for Caleb, so I better go!!!

More soon!
M

2 comments:

  1. MM! SO excited to meet your little girl! What a blessing indeed! Praying for you as you continue your pregnancy and enjoy these last few months with Caleb. A few weeks she's here you won't imagine life without her. Love,KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KK. We are excited too!! Thanks for praying, sweet friend.

      Delete