Wednesday, September 19, 2012

27 weeks (as of 9/13)

Here we are, on the cusp of the third trimester... fewer than three months to go! We have started a "girl clothes" bin (among the numerous boy clothes bins we have!), and my mom got an overflowing laundry basket full of adorable girl clothes at a garage sale last weekend. Looking at tiny onesies and little dresses and hats and tights makes it sink in a little that there's a real live little person coming soon. :) We are excited. 
self-portrait, with self-timer!
I haven't really done much to prepare. I have done very little reading this time around... I hope I remember what labor is like (ha). I do want to tour some of the local hospitals, since I get to pick this time. No military facilities nearby means you go to a civilian provider, which is nice but then I have to make an informed choice! :-P I also want to decorate the nursery/kids' room, but we are holding off on extra expenditures until we get our moving money--- almost two months later, and the process still isn't finished. I've been bitten by the sewing bug lately, and am working on a couple projects. Will post those soon! I want to sew a duvet cover for our queen comforter, just need to find fabric or curtains or sheets to use. I'm also contemplating making a slipcover for our arm chair pre-baby, but that's a little daunting since it has curvy lines and it's a new endeavor. Purses and quilts are pretty simple in comparison! 

artsy shot

Life is good. We feel pretty settled, and I am working on enjoying the little moments, not stressing about getting everything done. Not much else to report!

Pictures to come of projects and park outings. :)
M

1 comment:

  1. You look radiant! Can't wait for this precious little girl! Excited to see those sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete