Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Italian Meatball Soup, II

I've posted about Italian Meatball Soup before, but this time I had a real kitchen and real knives and a real pot... and... it deserved a second shot. :)


A few of the veggie ingredients.... zucchini, onion, carrot, celery. I didn't remember to start taking pictures until I'd already started chopping, so there's no "before" photo with all the ingredients nicely arranged.


For the base, start with some chicken broth (32 oz) and tomato sauce (15 oz). I made a double batch, but only had one 15 oz can and one 8 oz can of tomato sauce, so I added a small can of tomato paste, which made the sauce thick and creamy. I think I will do that on purpose next time!


Here it is all together and simmering. I love how there are lots of veggies in this soup, and of course little meatballs, cooked separately and made from Italian sausages.


Toward the end of cooking time, add some broken-up spaghetti noodles (the recipe calls for "1 cup." How do you measure noodles in a cup?), and you're done! It was delicious, and hit the spot, especially with the overcast days we've been having off and on lately. Bonus points if you pair this soup with crusty French bread!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment